Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an experienced, full-time, permanent Structural Engineer to develop a ground-breaking new solar energy system for the construction industry. We are looking for a civil engineer with their Peng designation and experience in a construction setting.
At Mitrex, we develop and manufacture solar construction materials for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable solar solutions, we are revolutionizing the construction industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
We are an equal opportunity employer with great company culture. The successful candidate will join our R&D team in Etobicoke.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer Designation registered in the Province of Ontario
- Applicable experience in working in the design of commercial or industrial buildings
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Knowledge of current computer applications such as the MS Office suite (Outlook, MS Project, Word, Excel), Acrobat Reader, Access and other applications, databases, and interfaces
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and other CAD applications
- A passion for sustainability and solar energy
- Integrate solar into building materials from concept to production
- Validate projects through simulation and internal testing
- Ensure technical accuracy, and soundness of the method applied to engineering calculations, compliance to regulatory requirements, as it applies to project deliverables and owner requirements
- Carry out verification and validation calculations, and ensure that the plans meet the client's requirements as well as the requirements of the codes and other regulations
- Other duties as requested
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of $85,000+/year depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on performance
- Extended medical and health coverage (including vision, dental, and life)
- Wellness program including free healthy foods, medicinal provisions, and discounted gym and fitness class memberships
- Competitive RRSP Matching for tenured employees
- Free charging and reserved parking for electric vehicles
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Backed by 20 years of experience through our parent company, GCAT Group
- Full-time and permanent position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Mitrex Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.