Our company is a corporation made up of 3 families that have a long standing presence in the Ontario and Quebec construction market. We are a manufacturer of concrete blocks ranging from those you see at retailers, schools, condominiums and homes. The market continues to grow so why not grow with us??
We are searching for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team for a long term career. We have had many of our staff retire with us as we look after our employees!
We are offering:
- $26-34/hr based on experience
- Great benefits including fully paid health and dental benefits, life insurance, disability benefits, uniforms, paid training, great vacation and retirement benefits.
The position entails the following:
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as molds, fans, tanks and conveyors
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery and repairs when required
- Operate lifting devices such as forklifts (bonus asset having forklift license) to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, grinders, pneumatic tools, compressed air tools, drill press, band saw and welding tools
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including trouble shooting and repairs to molds, block machines and plant equipment in a timely manner
- Participate in safety programs and ensure the application of our safety standards for all maintenance operations
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality and efficiency while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime
- Storing of chemicals in designated area
- Logging of all maintenance activities daily to ensure machines are maintained and safety protocols are up to date
- Able to diagnose mechanical problems and expedite repair on machinery, drive belts, cylinders and other equipment
The applicant must have the following credentials:
- Welding Certificate
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations and able to work both safely and efficiently is a bonus. Training available on behalf of the company
We are looking forward to your resume submissions and will be in touch