**This position qualified for the Relocation Incentive**
Are you interested in sharing your clinical nursing experience with others on your team? If you are looking for an opportunity that will make use of your varied skills and experiences or if you are seeking a challenge that will draw upon your leadership skills and initiative, then please read on.
Reporting to the Health Service Administrator, the Manager, Patient Care Services is responsible for the management, leadership and coordination of services for the areas within the portfolio. This includes responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that service are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization’s culture, values and strategic direction.
Wrinch Memorial Hospital , a fully accredited acute care facility. It is a full service hospital with visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respiratory and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy.
The Hazeltons (Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out www.northernhealth.ca/our-communities/the-hazeltons" target="_blank" rel="noopener">The Hazeltons, known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.
What we offer you:
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other health care discipline, Health Administration or Public Administration;
• Seven (7) years’ experience, including two (2) years at the supervisory/management level;
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration or eligibility for registration, with the appropriate governing professional body.
Who we are
Our company covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, our company provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.