Our company is a manufacturer and supplier of innovative fluid handling systems, mixers, pumps and parts. We aspire to ISO quality standards for each of our businesses. For 70 years we have been a highly valued partner to our worldwide customers, providing engineered solutions for difficult applications. Our proven designs are installed in the mineral processing, municipal, chemical, sanitary, oil & gas and general industrial markets.
We are focused on maximizing value for our stakeholders, through a growth strategy that includes expanded market coverage, active product development, and synergistic acquisitions. We value our employees by promoting a culture that fosters personal and professional growth, in a safe working environment.
We are looking for a Shop Technician with manufacturing experience. Someone who is knowledgeable, enjoys working with their hands, self-motivated, attentive to detail, enjoys a variety in their daily tasks and takes pride in doing a good job.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to multi-task on various manufacturing shop roles including hydrotesting equipment, material handling, operating a saw & working with wood material to build crate structures for the shipping of pumps and mixers.
- Assist Assemblers, Welders, Fitters, Craters, Painters, or other tradespeople on-site, may operate spray painting equipment.
- Will be trained to be the backfill for product testing (Hydrotesting of equipment).
- Clean up worksites from hazardous or obsolete material.
- The job requires the use of hand/powered tools (pneumatic), wires, fixtures, parts, sub-assemblies, and operation of overhead crane, forklift and pallet jack.
- Follow instructions from supervisors to perform manual labor tasks (e.g. stacking up goods).
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions.
- Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
- Must be capable of working prolonged periods standing, sitting, squatting,
- Lift, Push and Pull Requirements: Up to 50 pounds.
- Must be manually dexterous.
- Ability to work in non-temperature-controlled manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work safely with various chemicals including and not limited to thinners, acetones, and xylene.
- The use of the English language, both Oral and Written.
- Requires daily communication with multiple departments to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Performs well in a fast-paced environment and can multitask with ease.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and maintains excellent follow-through and follow-up.
Education, Skills, Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3 years.
- Read Blueprints.
- Numerical and categorical accuracy.
- Familiarity with Duplex, Ni-hard, Alloy 20 is a plus
- Knowledge of both manual and electrical tools.
- Understanding of metrology.
- Competitive Wage
- 2 weeks' Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Extended Medical/Dental on hire
- STD/LTD disability benefits on hire
- Pension Plan (5% company match) on hire
- Onsite parking
- Casual Dress
- Wellness program
- Boot allowance
- Steady Days 7:30am - 4:30pm
Our company is committed to employment equity and maintaining a diverse workforce, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status or disability status in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices.